- "Solid fuel mostly made out of coal. It looks exactly like normal charcoal, but it has more effects. Make sure the room is well-ventilated when using it."
- — Atelier Rorona description
The recipe for Alchemy Coal is given to Rorona by default at the start of the game.
- "A slab of crystallized coal. It can be made from lumber or minerals. Compared to charcoal, it's much more powerful but watch where you use it. "
- — Atelier Totori description
- "An alchemic coal created from timber and minerals. It can be used in both gunpowder and fuel. It's really, volatile so be careful when handling it!"
- — Atelier Meruru description
A low level item created through alchemy. Alchemy coal is a staple in many higher level alchemy recipes. It can be made using a diverse number of materials, allowing it to have a diverse number of traits. It can also be randomly requested at the tavern from some of your party members as part of friendship requests.
Alchemy Coal is needed for the following recipes: