|Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey|
|Released|| November 2, 2016|
March 7th, 2017 
|Modes|| Offline |
|Platforms|| PlayStation 4|
Atelier Firis: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Journey (フィリスのアトリエ ～不思議な旅の錬金術士～, Firisu no Atorie ~Fushigi na Tabi no Renkinjutsushi~) is the second game in the 'Mysterious' series of games, and takes place after Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book.
It is the 18th release in the main series of games. However, the game's ending credits point towards that it was developed as Project Journey rather than under the project name A18. 
Atelier Firis revolves around Firis Mistlud, a young miner girl who longs to travel outside her hometown Ertona.
Ertona is a mining town closed off from the rest of the world by a big gate that very few people are allowed to pass through. One day, a travelling alchemist, Sophie Neuenmuller, visits the town and discovers that Firis shows promise to learn alchemy.
With her new abilties, Firis is now convinced that she has what it takes to survive in the outside world. However, her parents are not yet convinced. A compromise is reached and Firis will be allowed to travel the outside world within a one year timeframe. During this time, she must make it to Reisenberg and pass the exam to become a certified alchemist. If she fails, she has to return home. If she succeeds, Firis is free to travel the world without restrictions for unlimited time. Firis sets out on her journey accompanied by her sister Liane, who is used to the outside world through her job as a hunter.
Firis travels through different landscapes and towns to make it to Reisenberg and collects recommendation letters from other alchemists along the way, something that is requiered to have obtained at least three of in order to take the exam. She meets many new friends and overcome obstacles such as finding a safe way to pass through a tornado.
After passing the exam, Firis briefly returns to her hometown to work as an alchemist but soon yearns for a new adventure. Firis once again sets out together with her sister, this time looking for a path to pursue in life. Through the players actions, Firis can find different futures for herself which results in different endings.
- Firis Mistlud
- Liane Mistlud
- Ilmeria Von Leinweber
- Revy Berger
- Sophie Neuenmuller
- Oskar Behlmer
- Drossel Weissberg
- Logix Fiscario
- Escha Malier
- Grau Tal: The rugged but abundant valley village.
- Flocke: The village of fluttering snow and clear skies.
- Reisenberg: The border town of congregating travellers.
- Dona: The forest village that is shined upon by the sunlight filtering through trees.
- Flussheim: The lake town sung of by sailors.
- Mechen: The field village where balmy breezes waft.
The soundtrack and vocal album are both set to be released on September 28, 2016.
Tracks currently available on the site:
- Original soundtrack samples:
- Rare track samples:
- See also: Atelier Firis Images
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://gematsu.com/2016/11/atelier-firis-ps4-ps-vita-launches-spring-2017-west-pc-version-announced
- ↑ http://social.gust.co.jp/firis/music/
- ↑ http://social.gust.co.jp/firis/music/#sityou
- ↑ http://social.gust.co.jp/firis/products.html#premium